Monday, August 24, 2009

Guggenheim


This lovely rotunda is the most striking bit about the Guggenheim Museum in New york. If you get a chance, do visit this museum. It's close to (or parallel to)Central Park on 88th Street and 5th Avenue. The ticket costs $18. Fortunately they provide headsets for free, which is a relief, because it can get quite confusing inside. The structure is really breath- taking, once you enter. Don't crane your neck though! Some of the paintings were so abstract, that I didn't understand it (of course I had my own silly interpretations). It was a mixed bag of paintings and photographs. I was so taken up by the architecture that I enjoyed that more! There were sections where they had put up screens and lots of bean bags, so visitors could relax and see the videos. But a must-see for people who appreciate and understand art! Don't get lost if you're going walking! But then, not everyone is like me!

No comments: