Monday, August 17, 2009

Over-hyped



Like millions of tourists who visit New York, I had the Statue of Liberty on my tick-list too. I lined up at Battery Park for a ticket to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. It was really dark and cloudy, not to forget windy (extremely windy) and there was super tight security. I nearly fell off the ferry (courtesy the wind).The skyline looked so beautiful. I walked around the statue (I didn't have the upgraded ticket to go upto the pedestal). It was nice, but it wasn't absolutely mind blowing...probably coz we've seen and heard about it everywhere. What was interesting was the fact about the statue being blue (or green). Ellis Island was alrite, you wouldnt miss much if you didn't go). Overall, it was a good trip. It's one of these things you see once in your life.

No comments: